In humble dependence upon God, ANCF seeks to make His manifold wisdom known by: Proclaiming the Gospel through worship and outreach; Reflecting the Gospel by enfolding members into ANCF to be salt and light in our community and to reflect God’s ministry of reconciliation in all of life; and Extending the Gospel by making disciples of all nations.
ANCF seeks to fulfill its mission and vision through:
- A COMMITMENT TO CHRIST by passionately exalting Christ, as Savior, Treasure and Lord over all of life as a family of God in word and deed.
- A COMMITMENT TO THE CHURCH by building a multi-racial and socially diverse family of God, were everyone is loved and accepted by,
- Intentionally demonstrating the gospel reality of racial harmony in every aspect of its ministry both inside and outside this family, beginning with the leadership. The leadership will be of men from different cultures and colors, who represent the communities we desire to reach.
- Biblical leadership, which entails leadership in love, knowledge and in honor. Leadership in knowledge does not necessarily mean education, but leadership that reflects wisdom and discernment. Leadership in honor is simply leadership that respects God given position of authority by treating members of His family with respect.
- Faithfully preaching and teaching the whole counsel of God and the administration of the ordinances; the Lord’s Table and baptism, to the family of God.
- Worshiping and fellowshipping, and reciprocating as a family of God, such as admonishing one another (Ro. 15:14), practice hospitality to one another (1 Pe. 4:9), bearing one another’s burdens (Gal. 6:4), praying for each other etc. Praying together is an important activity in the family of God. Not only does the Christian life begins with prayer, (for the first response to God’s grace is repentance or turning to God in prayer) but in its totality, it is peculiar and characteristic of the family of God that it be lived in the act of prayer.
- Faithfully serving the family of God. As God has given gifts to the church to equip it, we are committed to the priesthood of all believers. (Eph. 4: 9-16; Heb. 12:1ff). To this end we are committed to developing members for service through discipleship, training, teaching, modeling, correction and encouragement. For example, the older women will teach the younger and the older men, teach the younger (Ti. 2:4-6).
- A COMMITMENT TO THE WORLD by proclaiming the Gospel of Christ to the nations. This entails local church planting and overseas missions. We will, by the grace of God, labor to reproduce ANCF by planting reformed, multi-racial and socially diverse churches across the Twin Cities and beyond. Our commitment to the world also includes living out the Christian life and performing deeds of mercy and justice such ministering to the poor and advocating for the unborn, for mothers in crisis, for men re-entering society out of prison and for others in difficult situations. In this way we will be a source light and hope to a world in darkness and great despair (Phil. 2:14-16). In our commitment to the world, we will regularly engage in evangelistic outreaches as a family of God.